The Spam Gallery is a series of posts that give examples of spam messages, explaining telltales signs of how they are spam.
This spam message is just pretty humorous. Here’s the things I can see wrong:
- Poor grammar for a business email.
- Times in 12hr and 24hr format
- Currency incorrectly formatted
- Email address of sender inconsistent with name
- “Single choice” link in email
- No contact information of company
- No personalized greeting or other identifying information.
The email may pique curiosity, so that you want to click the link to see what the total cost of renting a helicopter would be. Think of someone approaching you on the street and saying, “Wanna see a dead body?”